International Conference on Research for Development ICRD 2017
Convening in Bern, Switzerland, 5-8 September 2017, the 4th International Conference on Research for Development (ICRD) seeks visionary contributions that will enhance transformations towards sustainable development in countries of Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
The 4th International Conference on Research for Development (ICRD) will convene in Bern, Switzerland, 5–8 September 2017, under the umbrella theme “Evidence. Engagement. Policies.” See www.icrd.ch .
ICRD 2017 will be co-hosted by the Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme, www.r4d.ch ) – a joint funding initiative of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) – and by the University of Bern’s Centre for Development and Environment (CDE, www.cde.unibe.ch ). The r4d programme invites and encourages the r4d projects to contribute to the ICRD 2017.
The conference seeks visionary contributions that will enhance transformations towards sustainable development in countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America. Conference contributions should facilitate knowledge stewardship in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and improve our understanding of how evidence can support policies for sustainable development. Researchers, policymakers and societal partners are jointly called upon to share sound and timely knowledge from their fields of expertise and to engage in discussing synergies and trade-offs with other SDGs linked to their topics.
The four themes of ICRD 2017 are:
- How can we ensure that health, food systems and sustainable agricultural systems mutually reinforce one another to better support people’s livelihoods and well-being
- How can we deal with environmental sustainability while achieving economic development?
- How can we promote inclusive, equitable and peaceful societies?
- How can we ensure that partnerships are transformative?
The timeline is as follows:
- 24 January 2017 – Deadline of call for sessions
- 21 February 2017 – Notification of accepted session proposals
- 23 February 2017 – Call for individual contributions open
- 31 March 2017 – Deadline of call for individual contributions
- 5 May 2017 – Notification of accepted individual contributions
- Mid May 2017 – Registration opens